TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE* * 1930's, 40's, 50's, 60's and 70's!

First, we survived being born to mothersWho smoked and/or drank while they were, Pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, Tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs, covered with bright colored lead-base paints. We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles,  Locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode Our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.  As infants & children,  We would ride in cars with no car seats, No booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes. Riding in the back of a pick-up truck on a warm day Was always a special treat. We drank water From the garden hose and not from a bottle. We shared one soft drink with four friends, From one bottle and no one actually died from this. We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon.

We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't overweight. WHY? Because we were Always outside playing...that's why! We would leave home in the morning and play all day, As long as we were back when the Streetlights came on. No one was able To reach us all day. And, we were O.K. We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps And then ride them down the hill, only to find out We forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem. We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, No video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, No cell phones, No personal computers, no Internet and no chat rooms. *WE HAD FRIENDS* And we went outside and found them! We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth And there were no lawsuits from these accidents. We ate worms and mud pies made from dirt, And the worms did not live in us Forever.
We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, Made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, Although we were told it would happen, We did not put out very many eyes. We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and Knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just Walked in and talked to them. Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal With disappointment. Imagine that!! The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law Was unheard of. They actually sided with the law! These generations have produced some of the best Risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever. The past 50 years  Have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas. We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of them?

CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids, before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives  for our own good*. While you are at it, forward it to your kids so they will know how brave and lucky their parents were.  Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it ?

The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:, "With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control,  mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms  tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of swine flu and terrorist attacks.

Are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?' For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us.. ..go  ahead and delete this.

For the rest of us...pass this on.

My Mom Sent This To Me & I Wanted To Share This With All Of You!~Pam Suggs

Views: 1129

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My mom sent this to be along time ago :)

Kerry Hay said:

Pam, this brings back memories when I was a child, we had to make our own fun. We received pocket money, no chocolates or sweets. I made my own go cart out of a timber fruit-box and I made a hole to put through a round dowel wood attached by rope to the front wheels and added on a steering wheel. I would push my buggy up a high hill and come down fast without any breaks, it was real fun. If I had an accident, well' too bad, no-one cared. My bike was made out of spare-parts from the local tip or bikes thrown out by the neighbors, and had no breaks, no seat except a pipe to sit on and it was a fixed wheeler; we were poor. We had no phone or motor car either in those days. If I or my brother or sister wanted to go to a movie, we had to collect empty bottles and we world receive a penny each, that was our entertainment back in those days. I would make a wooden sled and would rub soap on the tracks to make it go fast down a high slopping hillside, the faster it went, the more thrills I had. We had slingshots, we had air-rifles, we never ever shot at anyone or damaged property. We swam in the local creeks and put our arms into holes to catch birds and I never realized the fact there might be snakes.

http://www.kerryhay.spiderweb.com.au                  

Yes I remember those go carts. Health and safety wouldn't allow them now. But they were fun, until they crashed. that hurt, but after 10 minutes or so you just got back

on, without suing anyone, or making a issue of it.  

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Rocks2Rings

Help Pay The Rent. "United Truth Seekers" Is an informative Social Network exposing the truth that the mainstream media ignores. The truth will set you free!

This website is brought to you exclusively by member donations. Click Above, Thank you.

About

Eastern Standard Time

We’re “mining” cryptocurrency with our phones! I’m looking for people who want to join me and my friends and figured this would be a good way to get the word out. 🚀 I am sending you 1π! Pi is a new digital currency developed by Stanford PhDs, with over 10 million members worldwide. To claim your Pi, follow this link https://minepi.com/PAMUTS and use my username PAMUTS as your invitation code.

Download this and you will get cryptocurrency mining on your phone, and remember every 24 hours to open the app and touch the Pi button that way it automatically starts mining for you, you basically have to do nothing after that just let it Stay in the background mining cryptocurrency for you until one day it’s worth money for enough to cash it out!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

DEMAND THE TRUTH!

"It was the poverty caused by the bad influence of the
 English Bankers on the Parliament which has caused in the colonies hatred of the English and...the Revolutionary War."
– Benjamin Franklin

"Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined."

Patrick Henry
June 26, 1788

© 2024   Created by Pam Vredenburg.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

google-site-verification: google4dc7c778a884c7b9.html